Jimmy Camp is the name of an historic campground on the eastern edge of Colorado Springs. The name dates back to the early nineteenth century, to a time when the Pikes Peak region was yet unsettled, when the roads were yet trails, and when the Arapahoes and Cheyennes yet roamed the high prairies of central Colorado.
James Crawford "Saturday 23 [June 1849] Jimmy's spring 21 3/4 [miles].
Rufus B. Sage 1842 "We reached an affluent of
Fontaine qui Bouit, called Daugherty's creek....the creek derives
its name from [James] Daugherty, a trader who was murdered upon it
several years since..." (CTD V.1 p 101)